Before we learn how does anti fungal powder for skin help, let us learn few things about fungal infections.
Fungi are single-celled or multi-cellular in nature; they are present everywhere; outdoors, in the air, water, indoors, inside people’s bodies, on the surface of our skin; etc. There are millions of species of fungi, but only 300 of them can cause illness to people. These pathogenic fungi are microorganisms, meaning single-celled.
Fungal infections are characterized by a rash and are known for their contagious nature. You can catch them from infected or unclean clothing, footwear, contaminated soil, infected animals, certain skincare products, etc.
In humans, fungal infections happen when an attacking fungus takes over a part of your body; and your immune system is not capable enough to ward it off. Though fungal infections can happen anytime, it is more common during the monsoon season and hot and humid weather.
5 benefits of using anti fungal powder for skin
A good quality anti-fungal dusting powder that is used topically (on the skin) is one of the best ways to treat, cure and prevent fungal infections. You get immediate relief from symptoms like itching and redness of the skin.
- A good quality anti-fungal dusting powder is quite effective in treating and preventing fungal infections like jock itch, ring-worm, athlete’s foot, fungal sweat rash, yeast infection and more.
- Anti-fungal powder is also useful in treating a skin condition known as tinea-versicolor or pityriasis, a fungal infection that causes skin discoloration in the chest, neck, back, arms or legs. Basically, the product prevents the growth of fungus in or on the body.
- Clovig powder contains Clotrimazole, a powerful antifungal medication. The benefits include soothing the irritated skin, reducing, and eliminating rashes, preventing onset of any recurrence, and absorbing excess perspiration caused due to heat.
- The presence of Clotrimazole in powder, helps to relieve symptoms like itching and smoothens the impaired skin texture. Due to fungal infections, your skin may become red, peel or crack, which is why a strong dusting powder works wonders in alleviating all these symptoms.
- Clotrimazole has a characteristic ability to stop the biosynthesis of ergosterol, an important component of the fungal cell membrane. Thus with the application of a dusting powder, fungal cell activity is disintegrated, leading to its eradication, and there is no more multiplication of fungi.
How to apply a dusting anti fungal powder?
- Dusting anti fungal powder for skin is meant for external use only.
- Wash the affected part of your skin, clean-dry it before dabbing the dusting powder. Your doctor will be able to tell you the duration and frequency of application of Clovig.
- The application is twice a day on the affected skin area.
- Do use the product, same time every day, as directed by your physician.
- You can apply anti fungal powder on fungal infected areas of neck, back, ear, outer areas of mouth, face, legs, hands, private areas like external genitalia, buttocks.
Is anti-fungal powder an over-the-counter product or a prescription medication?
Though Clovig like any other anti fungal powder for skin to fight fungal infections is an over-the-counter product, it is always better to get in touch with your doctor to know about the frequency of application and your actual skin condition, to get a clear idea on its application.
You should also check with your doctor to be aware of any possible drug interaction that may happen with your existing line of treatment. Though Clovig by itself is completely safe, you may want to check with your physicians about interactions with medications that you may be already taking.
Taking medical advice before applying the powder is the best way to ensure that you can optimum results from your treatment.
Other things to bear in mind while using a dusting powder
Please check with your doctor about the usage of the dusting powder during pregnancy. If you are lactating, do not apply the powder on or around the breast area, including the nipples.
Please keep the powder away from sunlight, in a clean, dry space. It should also be kept away from the reach of children.
If in any case, you get the powder in your eyes, rinse it properly with clean water. If the skin condition does not improve within one week of application or becomes worse, you should get in touch with your doctor.