Glutishield™ is a surgical disinfectant that can be used to effectively sterilize surgical instruments. It contains a stronger solution as compared to hospital scrubs, containing 2.45% w/v Glutaraldehyde. This makes it rapid-acting against a wide variety of bacterial spores, viruses as well as fungi, and protozoa.
This disinfecting solution formulated especially for surgical instruments does not stain them or cause any rusting. The solution must be used undiluted and is suitable for glass, plastic, metal, rubber, glass, and fiber-optic instruments. It can also be used to disinfect lensed as well as dental instruments, including rigid and flexible endoscopes.
It is a high quality disinfecting and sterilizing solution for surgical instruments with activator. It is a Broad-spectrum antimicrobial. It is Rapid-acting/non-staining/non-rusting. It is Sporicidal, Virucidal, Fungicidal, and Bactericidal.
- Lensed Instruments
- Flexible Fiber-Optic and Rigid Endoscopes
- Metal, Glass, Rubber and Plastic Objects
- Dental Instruments
Glutaraldehyde 2% w/v
Pack Size Available: 1 liter and 5 liter
Direction for use:
- Activation – add contents of the attached vial to this container of Glutishield™ solution then shake. The solution is ready to use. When activated, the solution changes color to green. In addition to the standard bio-burden challenge. Glutishield™ also has demonstrated efficacy in the presence of 2% organic soil contamination during reuse. This solution may be used and reuse for 14 days after activation. Do not use activated solutions beyond 14 days. Follow the medical device manufacturer’s direction for use. For complete sterilization or disinfection of medical instrument and equipment thoroughly clean, rinse, and rough-dry objects before immersing in Glutishield™ activated solution. Avoid entrapment of air bubbles. Surfactant action will facilitate the penetration of the hinged and hard-to-reach area.
- Sterilization – Immerse item completely for a minimum of 10 hours at room temperature. Using an aseptic technique, remove the item from the solution, and rinse thoroughly with sterile water.
- Disinfection – Immerse item completely for a minimum of 10 minutes (45 minutes for a high level of disinfection) at room temperature.
- Eyes – Contact with eyes causes damage. Prevent contact with eyes by using eye protection when handling or pouring. In case of contact, flush with water immediately and get medical attention.
- Skin – Avoid skin contact possibility of sensitization exists. Can cause skin irritation. For skin contact. flush with water immediately.
- For External Use Only.
- Store in a cool place.