Hexigard™ 400 is a 4% Chlorhexidine-Gluconate based solution that can be used as a handwash and a surgical scrub. This hand wash has been specially designed to prevent nosocomial infections, which are infections that originate from hospitals. This surgical scrub is effective against a range of fungi and bacteria.
Hexigard™ 400 Chlorhexidine Gluconate Based Handwash and Surgical Scrub
Hexigard™ 400 is formulated for patients and health-care professionals to provide long term protection against bacteria and infections. It also contains emollients and moisturizers. These help the skin to stay soft and gentle even after multiple uses. This can also be used as a whole-body antiseptic bath and hand-disinfectant before surgery.
Chlorhexidine 4% w/v
Pack Size Available: 100 ml and 500 ml
- Surgical Hand Scrub
- Remove Jewelry
- Wet hands and forearms with water and apply 5 ml of the product.
- Wash/scrub hands forearms for 3 minutes paying particular attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital space.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 ml of the product and rinse under running water.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Healthcare Personnel Hand Wash
- Wet hands with water.
- Dispense about 5 ml of the product (calibrated pump capacity 2 ml per push) into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 1 min.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Skin Wound and General Skin Cleansing
- Thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water.
- Apply the minimum amount of the product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently.
- Rinse thoroughly with water/
- Pre-operative skin antisepsis for the patient
- Wash whole body in the bath at least twice, usually day before and day of operation with 25 ml Hexigard 400.
- Starting with the face and working downwards for 2 minutes. Rinse with water.
- Repeat with further 25ml includi9ng hair.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and dry with a clean towel.
- For external use only
- Do not use
- In the eyes
- if allergic to povidone-iodine or any other ingredients in this preparation.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and last for 72 hours.
- In pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the patient.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help immediately.
- Store in a cool and dry place container.