Povishield™ 5% Povidone Iodine Solution (also knows as betadine solution) is ideal for use in pre-operative cleaning of the skin and also for post-operative cleaning. It is used as iodine tinctures and suitable for use on cuts, wounds, and abrasions and works actively to clean the infected area and keep the skin clean. This antiseptic solution is for external use only and must be allowed to dry before bandaging, dressing, or applying a cast.
It is an aqueous solution of 5% Povidone Iodine. It is a fast-acting, broad-spectrum antiseptic that kills gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, as well as most fungi/yeasts, viruses, and protozoa.
Povishield™ Solution is indicated as topical germicidal of the patient’s skin, wound, and mucous membrane, for preoperative skin preparation and post-operative irrigation and dressing or operative sites. Read its use in wound healing
Directions for Use:
- Clean the operative site prior to surgery.
- Apply polished solution, undiluted directly to skin and allow to dry.
- Preparation of Skin & Mucous Membrane prior Surgery
- Post-Operative Irrigation & Dressing of Operative Site
- As Microbicidal treatment of Burn, Wounds, Cuts & Abrasions
- Topical treatment of Bacterial and Mycotic Skin Infections
Povishield 5% Povidone Iodine Solution Composition
- Povidone Iodine, 5% w/v (0.5% w/v available Iodine)
Pack Size Available:
- 100 ml
- 500 ml,
- 2 liter
- For external use only
- Do not use
- In the eyes
- if allergic to povidone iodine or any other ingredients in this preparation.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and last for 72 hours.
- In pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the patient.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help immediately.
- Store in a cool and dry place container.
Learn more on povidone iodine mechanism and uses