Povishield™ 10% solution is a Povidone Iodine 10% antiseptic solution. This aqueous antiseptic solution is effective against a large spectrum of bacteria, viruses, yeast/fungi as well as protozoa. Povishield ™ has also been proven to be effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including those that are resistant to antibiotics.
Povidone Iodine 10 percent Solution Uses
- Preparation of Skin and Mucous Membrane prior to Surgery
- Post-Operative Irrigation and Dressing of Operative Site
- As Microbicidal treatment of Burn, Wounds, Cuts & Abrasions
- Topical treatment of Bacterial and Mycotic Skin Infections
Povishield 10 percent Composition
Povidone Iodine, 10% w/v (1% w/v available Iodine) (Antiseptic)
Pack Size Available:
- 500 ml
- 2 L
Instructions to use
- For external use only
- Do not use
- In the eyes
- if allergic to povidone iodine or any other ingredients in this preparation.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and last for 72 hours.
- In pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the patient.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help immediately.
- Store in a cool and dry place container.
Read more on Povidone Iodine mechanism and uses